The Syracuse Obedience
Training Club, Inc. is an AKC-licensed obedience club and a New York
State-registered 501(c)3 educational corporation (organized
not-for-profit). Learn more
Founded in 1960, the club has nearly 300 members who have earned advanced titles in many dog sports.
Our officers, instructors, and other key workers are all volunteers.
We conduct business, offer obedience classes, and hold events at our training
facility located at 6392 Deere Road in Syracuse, near Carrier Circle.
News & Reminders
Crates of members not entered in the event must be removed from the training area (taken home or stored in garage) by end of classes on:
Annual membership renewals are due January 1. For more information visit the Members Only area.
1/7/20: The January newsletter has been posted to the Newsletters page of the Members Only area. The next GM meeting will be Monday January 13 at 7pm.
12/16/19: The premium for the February 1-2 obedience/rally trial has been posted to the Shows & Seminars page. Entries close Wednesday, January 15, 2020.
12/14/19: The premium for the February 21-23 agility trial has been posted to the Shows & Seminars page. Entries open Wednesday, December 18, 2019 and close Friday, February 7, 2020.
11/15/19: A flier and registration info for an upcoming seminar with Chris Zink ( February 15-17) have been posted to the Shows & Seminars page.
(SOTC Inc. Constitution Art. 1 sec. 2)
1. To promote the sport of dog obedience.
2. To disseminate knowledge regarding obedience training.
3. To conduct classes for the training of handlers and their dogs.
4. To encourage the training of judges.
5. To encourage and cooperate with individuals and other groups with similar purposes.
6. To hold and support obedience trials, tracking tests, exhibitions, and matches under the rules and regulations of the American Kennel Club.
7. To promote cooperation and good sportsmanship among its members in the training and exhibition of dogs.