The Syracuse Obedience
Training Club, Inc. is an AKC-licensed obedience club and a New York
State-registered 501(c)3 educational corporation (organized
not-for-profit). Learn more
Founded in 1960, the club has nearly 300 members who have earned advanced titles in many dog sports.
Our officers, instructors, and other key workers are all volunteers.
We conduct business, offer obedience classes, and hold events at our training
facility located at 6392 Deere Road in Syracuse, near Carrier Circle.
News & RemindersMembers' crates must be removed by end of classes on:
8/14/19: The premium for the October agility trial has been posted to the Events page. Entries open August 23, close September 27.
(SOTC Inc. Constitution Art. 1 sec. 2)
1. To promote the sport of dog obedience.
2. To disseminate knowledge regarding obedience training.
3. To conduct classes for the training of handlers and their dogs.
4. To encourage the training of judges.
5. To encourage and cooperate with individuals and other groups with similar purposes.
6. To hold and support obedience trials, tracking tests, exhibitions, and matches under the rules and regulations of the American Kennel Club.
7. To promote cooperation and good sportsmanship among its members in the training and exhibition of dogs.