The Syracuse Obedience Training Club, Inc. is an AKC-licensed obedience club and a New York State-registered 501(c)3 educational corporation (organized not-for-profit).
Founded in 1960, the club has nearly 300 members who have earned advanced titles in many dog sports.
Our officers, instructors, and other key workers are all volunteers.
We conduct business, offer classes, and hold events at our training facility located at 6392 Deere Road in Syracuse, near Carrier Circle.
Officers & Board 2018-2019
Objects of the Club
(SOTC Inc. Constitution Art. 1 sec. 2)
1. To promote the sport of dog obedience.
2. To disseminate knowledge regarding obedience training.
3. To conduct classes for the training of handlers and their dogs.
4. To encourage the training of judges.
5. To encourage and cooperate with individuals and other groups with similar purposes.
6. To hold and support obedience trials, tracking tests, exhibitions, and matches under the rules and regulations of the American Kennel Club.
7. To promote cooperation and good sportsmanship among its members in the training and exhibition of dogs.